Low testosterone, which is also known as hypogonadism, is a condition that affects men in different ways. This is why we offer Kyzatrex here at Atlas Men’s Clinic. Kyzatrex is a type of oral testosterone replacement therapy used to help men who are not producing enough testosterone.
What Causes Low Testosterone?
Low testosterone can be caused by a number of things.
Below is a list of potential causes of low testosterone in men:
- Age: Age plays a role in many things regarding our general health, and testosterone is no exception. Low testosterone usually starts in men who are in their 30s and 40s.
- Obesity: Being obese can cause low testosterone levels due to insulin resistance.
- Hormonal disorders: Having a hormonal disorder, such as hypothyroidism, can cause men to have lower testosterone levels.
- Taking certain medications, like opioids or steroids
- Lifestyle: Certain lifestyle factors, such as consuming alcohol and not getting enough sleep, can impact your testosterone levels.
What Are The Effects of Low Testosterone?
Testosterone is an important hormone in the human body. For men, not having enough testosterone can have negative effects.
These effects include the following:
- Sexual dysfunction, such as low libido and infertility
- Increased body fat and swelling in the breast tissue
- Emotional changes, such as depression and finding it challenging to focus
- Feeling constantly fatigued
- Increased risk of heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Irregular cholesterol levels
Most of these symptoms can be linked to other medical problems. This is why it is important to consult with your doctor to confirm it is related to low testosterone levels.
How Can Kyzatrex Help?
Kyzatrex can help men who are suffering from low testosterone by increasing it to a healthy amount. It is usually prescribed when natural methods, such as routine exercise and getting a good night’s sleep, are not working. By restoring testosterone levels to a normal level, it can help improve sexual function, enhance a person’s mood, and improve bone density. In addition, taking Kyzatrex can make it easier for men with low testosterone levels to build strength, muscle mass, and reduce fat mass for a leaner build.
Are There Risks to Taking Kyzatrex?
Yes, there are risks to taking Kyzatrex. Though it can help stabilize testosterone levels, taking hormone medication may not always be the right answer. Anyone who is considering taking Kyzatrex needs to consider the following risks carefully:
- Cardiovascular issues
- Impacted liver function
- Changes in a person’s blood chemistry
- Possible conflict with other medication
- Worsened sleep apnea
- Skin reactions
It should be noted that men who have prostate or breast cancer are not eligible candidates for Kyzatrex. One of our doctors will discuss these risks more during your appointment. Furthermore, they will go over your medical history to determine whether or not you are an eligible candidate for Kyzatrex.
Schedule Your Appointment
Having lower testosterone levels can impact your overall health and quality of life. If you think you have low testosterone levels, Kyzatrex can help provide the proper treatment. Contact us at 323-677-2013 to schedule your appointment today.